TEN CORE VALUES THAT MAKES THE MAN ASIWAJU BOLA TINUBU
By Trek Africa Newspaper
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
Asiwaju Tinubu is regarded as the architect of the blueprint of governance for modern Democratic Lagos. Asiwaju Through the years, he has acted out his beliefs. These sets of beliefs shape his views on governance, diversity and human development.
1. Asiwaju Tinubu proposes the notion that opposition is fundamental to a democratic system of governance and that the presence of opposition validates the authenticity of the government.
2. For Asiwaju Tinubu, Good electoral processes including clean and transparent voting systems, free and fair elections are indications of a good democracy.
3. Asiwaju Tinubu believes that no group of people should make our democracy a joke, regardless of how rich and powerful they may be.
4. Asiwaju Tinubu is of the opinion that educating the African girl child and seeing the use of her immense creative genius is a viable way to fight against poverty and secure a good future.
5. As Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Tinubu pushed for equal opportunity for men and women because he is convinced that women contribute to societal development.
6. Asiwaju Tinubu recognizes our need to improve the democratic culture in Nigeria, and our intolerance of incompetence, ineffectiveness, inefficiency and oppression by the government.
7. Asiwaju Tinubu is of the opinion that citizen should believe in the potency of democracy to solve public problems.
8. Asiwaju Tinubu deeply appreciates pluralism, he acknowledges that when we consider pluralism, we usually focus on our ethnic, religious and geographical differences. He is of the opinion that we should respect these differences as a nation and not use them as a basis for discrimination or undue favour.
9. As Governor of Lagos state between 1999 and 2007, Asiwaju Tinubu put in place several policies that have been of great impact on the lives of many Lagosians.
10. As Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Tinubu’s administration initiated the Office of the Public Defender to safeguard the fundamental human rights and freedom of the vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in the society. Today, OPD provides free qualitative legal services to residents of Lagos state regardless of their state of origin.